1. How do I sign up for online coaching?
Call (619) 630-5116, email us at email@example.com or sign up now through our contact page.
2. Once I sign up, what’s next?
- We will be in contact with you within 24 hours to send you a questionnaire, a link to access our cloud-based website Pike13 and a ‘Getting Started’ Forms via email.
- Once you receive the email you send us back the questionnaire and create a profile on Pike13. Once you created a profile it will ask you to fill out a waiver prior to starting any training with us and it will also allow you to put a card on file to pay your memberships. If you need to make any profile or payment changes, you can go onto this website and do it directly yourself.
- You will also receive a link to sign up for the online coaching website TrueCoach so we can send you programming for the week.
- Once all that is finished we will schedule a time and day for personal training to learn the lifts with your new coach that works for both of your schedules through Zoom.
- Start your membership!
3. I turned in all my information and forms, now what?
Once all the waivers and forms have been filled out and received, we have received the first months payment and you have signed up for TrueCoach online, you will be enrolled in our online membership and you are able to start your training. We will upload your programming for the week on the TrueCoach website for you to view and start your training. During the week you will record your heaviest squat, press, bench, deadlift and power clean/snatch, if applicable. You will upload the videos to the TrueCoach website for us the review and send feedback. We will review the videos and send feedback by Sunday 9pm the latest.
4. What equipment do i need for Online Coaching?
All trainees will need access to a squat rack or squat stand, a 45lb barbell (possibly a 15lb barbell for novice lifters), iron or rubber plates and a flat bench. We highly recommend weightlifting shoes, a 3 or 4 inch, 10mm leather belt and lifting chalk.
5. What is included in Valens Online coaching?
We will be providing weekly check-ins and video analysis of your top set of the Big Lifts (Squat, Press, Deadlift, Bench, and Power Cleans/Snatch). Every Sunday at 9pm you will have your updated program for the week ahead and feedback on the past weeks videos that were uploaded to TrueCoach. Your program will also be individualized to meet your specific goals. You will also have 24/7 access to your coach through the app/site TrueCoach for any questions you may have.
6. Can I send videos of all my lifts?
Our goal for Valens Online Coaching is to make training and coaching affordable and accessible to all. With our current online coaching option, we will only be watching the top set of your squat, press, deadlift, bench and power clean/snatch for the week in order to keep the price affordable. If you desire to have your coach watch all your lifts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for more online coaching options.
7. what if i have questions during the week about my training?
TrueCoach allows for real-time messaging from trainee to coach. You can download the app or use the online website to send us messages. We will answer back as soon as possible.
8. how much is the coaching?
Valens Online Coaching varies between $150/month and $350/month depending on which membership you choose. We require a 3-month contract to get started. After the 3 months are over the trainees membership will go to month-to-month at the same price the trainee started their membership. Nutrition is included in all memberships.
9. Can I switch my membership at anytime?
Yes! You can switch your membership over after your prior months membership has finished.
10. I have never touched a barbell in my life. Can I sign up for online coaching through Valens?
Absolutely! We love working with novice strength trainees. You will see your strength quickly increase in the shortest amount of time as a novice and this is one our favorite things to see. We have worked with hundreds of members who have never strength trained in their life and have been able to help them reach their goals. Whether those goals are to squat their body weight or to be able to pick up their kids and play with them.
11. I have had many injuries during my life. Do you think I can still train?
Without a doubt. There are few limitations that would keep someone from strength training. We have worked with members who have had hip replacements, shoulder surgeries, osteoarthritis and much more.
12. I am an intermediate lifter, can you help me get stronger?
Yes! We have helped many intermediate lifters continue to increase their strength.
13. Do you train females?
We certainly do. Almost half of our members at our gym are females. We understand how training females is a little different then training males, programming wise. We have been able to help a 58 year old female who has never touched a bar increase her squat to 155 lbs, deadlift 215 lbs, bench 100 lbs and press 75 lbs.
14. I am 70+ years old. Can I still sign up?
Yes! We have worked with members between the ages of 7 all the way up to 82 years old.
15. Who will my coach be?
You will be coached by the owners of Valens Strength & Conditioning coach Nicole Rutherford and coach Jason Varnum.
16. How do I cancel?
If you need to cancel for any reason, please send an email to email@example.com or send us a message through our contact page. Memberships cannot be cancelled within the first 3 months of training.
Ready to sign up?
Click the link below to sign our waiver and pay for your first month of online coaching. Make sure to use the best email for us to contact you and send you our questionnaire.